about the project
The new Royal Papworth Hospital will offer cutting-edge facilities in bespoke building on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
The new hospital has been designed by clinicians with patients in mind. It will include:
- Five state-of- the-art operating theatres, five catheter laboratories and two hybrid theatres
- A 46-bed critical care area
- Mostly en-suite, private rooms for patients
- 6 inpatient wards
- A centrally located outpatient unit offering a wide range of diagnostic and treatment facilities
- A tunnel connecting the hospital to Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- An atrium on the ground floor with restaurant and waiting area
The new location on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus will enable us to work much more closely with Addenbrooke’s Hospital, which will bring many benefits to patients needing treatment from both hospitals. It will also allow us to work more closely with research organisations on the Campus to bring new treatments to patients more quickly.