The occupational therapists at Royal Papworth Hospital are specialists in cardio-pulmonary care. They provide a comprehensive package of assessment, treatment and education to all patients referred to them.
The service runs from 07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday, with one occupational therapist providing a service from 08:00 - 16:00 on Saturdays.
The occupational therapy team aims to:
• Promote the value of engaging in meaningful occupations
• Maintain or improve functional abilities (carry out daily tasks such as personal care, meal preparation)
• Teach breathing strategies to reduce the work of breathing
• Improve knowledge and understanding of recovery
• Teach energy conservation techniques to maximise ability to carry out daily tasks
• Engage patients in meaningful, therapeutic activities to aid their recovery
• Refer on to further services in the community when required
Our occupational therapists have a wide range of experience and are members of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists. They are all registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
There is a wide range of patient information leaflets that can be accessed via the Patient Information Leaflet page.