Mr Peryt qualified as a doctor in Warsaw. His thoracic surgery training was at National Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases in Warsaw - the biggest and referral thoracic surgery centre in Poland. He worked there since 2004 and was appointed as a consultant in thoracic surgery in 2013.
In 2015 and 2016, Mr Peryt worked as a locum consultant in Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital..
Mr Peryt was appointed to a Consultant Surgeon’s position at Papworth in 2016 and became Clinical Lead for Thoracic Surgery in 2020. His practice includes all areas of adult thoracic surgery with major interests in lung cancer treatment.
• minimally invasive surgery (key hole surgery: uniportal VATS, multi-port VATS)
• lung cancer surgery
- almost all lobectomies and segmentectiomies for early stage lung cancer are done by uniportal VATS
- advanced cases requiring sleeve resections, bronchoplastic surgery or chest wall resection
- Minimal invasive surgery for the patients with lung cancer and limited lung function
• mesothelioma surgery
• chest wall surgery for metastatic and primary malignancies
• airway surgery (tracheal resections, carinal resections, lung sparing bronchial resections)
• lung volume reduction surgery
• Chest wall deformities surgery (Nuss procedure, Ravitch procedure)
• Endoscopy (upper airway stenting, debulking, diagnostic bronchoscopies)
• Surgery for hyperhidrosis
GMC Number 7518474
GMC Specialist registration as cardiothoracic surgeon from 06 June 2013
Licence to practice in Poland 1987579
Member of Intercollegiate Specialty Board in Cardiothoracic Surgery;
SCTS Thoracic Course Director