Monday 19 July: Everyone accessing or visiting Royal Papworth Hospital must continue to wear a face mask and follow social distancing rules, even after Covid restrictions are lifted in many settings in England. Our infection prevention control guidelines and hospital visiting guidance remain in place for all visitors.
We understand that receiving visits from relatives or friends can be an important part of a patient’s rehabilitation. However, we still need to limit the number of people in our hospital to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 to vulnerable patients and staff.
We are currently operating under visiting policy 'Level 2: Limited Visiting'. We are encouraging relatives and friends to keep in touch with patients via video calls and phone calls wherever possible, but for patients who are staying in our hospital for more than 48 hours we will allow a limited number of in-person visits during their stay.
Visits should be booked via our online booking tool, available under the relevant ward listed below.
- Virtual visits are encouraged wherever possible. If a patient does not have their own smartpone or tablet to use, they can ask to borrow one from the ward.
- Only patients expected to stay in hospital for more than 48 hours can receive in-person visits.
- In-person visits should be booked via our online booking tool. Please click on the relevant ward below to make a booking.
- Each patient should have one designated visitor (if they receive several visits during their stay, it should be the same visitor each time).
- Visits to the hospital should be limited to one hour for each visit, no more than three times per week.
- Visits can take place between 14:00-17:30 and 18:30-20:00, seven days a week. Visiting outside of these hours will only be permitted in exceptional circumstances and should be agreed with the duty matron.
- Children are not permitted in the hospital unless there are specific exceptional circumstances and the visit has been agreed by the duty matron.
- You should only visit a patient if you do not have COVID-19 / do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are a frequent visitor please consider regular, free rapid lateral flow testing to help ensure that you are COVID-19 negative when you visit. Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests.
- Please wear a surgical mask for the duration of your visit. These will be provided at our main entrance.
- Please wash your hands on entering and leaving clinical areas and use alcohol gel regularly.
- In clinical areas, you will also need to wear a visor, gloves and apron. These are located just outside each patient bedroom (please ask a member of staff if you need help putting these on).
- Please only use the visitor toilets on the ground floor of the hospital during your visit. Also ensure that you use the 'green' lifts when moving about the hospital.
- Please do not use our refreshment facilities (for example our restaurant or coffee pod).
- Please practice social distancing and good hand hygiene inside and outside of the hospital to reduce the risk of you catching COVID-19 and spreading it to our vulnerable patients and staff.
Please note that we may need to change our visitor policy at short notice in line with any changes to the risk of COVID-19 transmission.