We are currently operating under visiting policy 'Level 2: Limited Visiting'.
Virtual visits are encouraged wherever possible, but we understand that receiving visits from relatives or friends can be an important part of a patient’s rehabilitation.
Patients who are staying in our hospital for more than 48 hours can receive a limited number of in-person visits during their stay.
Visits should be booked via our online booking tool, which is available under the relevant ward below.
- Virtual visits are encouraged wherever possible. If a patient does not have their own smartphone or tablet to use, they can ask to borrow one from the ward.
- Only patients expected to stay in hospital for more than 48 hours can receive in-person visits.
- In-person visits should be booked via our online booking tool. Please click on the relevant ward below to make a booking.
- Each patient should have one designated visitor (if they receive several visits during their stay, it should be the same visitor each time).
- Visits to the hospital should be limited to one hour for each visit, no more than three times per week.
- Visits can take place between 14:00-17:30 and 18:30-20:00, seven days a week. Visiting outside of these hours will only be permitted in exceptional circumstances and should be agreed with the duty matron.
- Children are not permitted in the hospital unless there are specific exceptional circumstances and the visit has been agreed by the duty matron.
- You should only visit a patient if you do not have COVID-19 / do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are a frequent visitor please consider regular, free rapid lateral flow testing to help ensure that you are COVID-19 negative when you visit. Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests.
- Please wear a surgical mask for the duration of your visit. These will be provided at our main entrance.
- Please wash your hands on entering and leaving clinical areas and use alcohol gel regularly.
- In clinical areas, you will also need to wear a visor, gloves and apron. These are located just outside each patient bedroom (please ask a member of staff if you need help putting these on).
- Please only use the visitor toilets on the ground floor of the hospital during your visit. Also ensure that you use the 'green' lifts when moving about the hospital.
- Please do not use our refreshment facilities (for example our restaurant or coffee pod).
- Please practice social distancing and good hand hygiene inside and outside of the hospital to reduce the risk of you catching COVID-19 and spreading it to our vulnerable patients and staff.
Please note that we may need to change our visitor policy at short notice in line with any changes to the risk of COVID-19 transmission.