Luigia D’Errico graduated from the University of Naples, Italy in 2006, after spending one year at the University of Bonn, Germany.
She entered Radiology training at University Hospital of Pisa before moving to the University of Basel, Switzerland as a Radiology Consultant with exposure to general and emergency Radiology.
Luigia obtained a certificate from University of Toronto, Canada after undertaking a clinical and research fellowship in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Imaging with CT-guided lung biopsy at Toronto General Hospital, 2015-2017. She obtained competence of Level 3 training in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in 2016 and European board of Cardiac Radiology (EBCR) in 2014. She conducted research with focus on the cardiac, chest and vascular CT and MR.
Cardiothoracic and cardiovascular Imaging
Specialist Clinical Interests
Cardiac MR, Congenital cardiac MR, Vascular MR and CT, Coronary CTA, chest CT
Cardiac MR, MR Angiography, Coronary CT Angiography
- Medicine School University Federico II in Naples, Italy and University of Bonn, Germany
- Radiology Resident, with Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Laboratory and Cardiac CT rotation, University of Pisa and National Research Council in Pisa, Italy 2006-2011
- Clinical ESOR Fellowship in Cardiac Imaging, University of Basel, Switzerland 2010
- European Board of Cardiac Radiology (ESCR) 2014
- Attending Radiologist, 17 months in Cardiothoracic Division, 12 month Abdominal Imaging, 6 months Neuro Imaging, Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Basel, Switzerland 2011-2014
- Clinical Fellow in Cardiac Imaging with 3 months rotation in Chest imaging, Medical Imaging Department, University of Toronto, Canada 2015
- Research Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging, University Health Network, Canada January 2016
- Clinical Chest Fellowship with CT-guided lung biopsies training, Medical Imaging Department, University of Toronto, Canada 2017
- Proof of competence of Level 3 training in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) as detailed in JCMR 2000; 2:233-4, and updated in JCMR 2007;9:3-4.
- Member of General Medical Council (registration number:7585862)
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- European Society of Cardiac Radiology
- European Society of Radiology
D'Errico L, Lamacie MM, Jimenez Juan L, Deva D, Wald RM, Ley S, Hanneman K, Thavendiranathan P, Wintersperger BJ. Effects of slice orientation on reproducibility of sequential assessment of right ventricular volumes and ejection fraction: short-axis vs transverse SSFP cine cardiovascular magnetic resonance. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2016 Sep 22;18(1):60.
Euler A, Szucs-Farkas Z, Falkowski AL, Kawel-Böhm N, D'Errico L, Kopp S, Bremerich J, Niemann T. Organ-based tube current modulation in a clinical context: Dose reduction may be largely overestimated in breast tissue. Eur Radiol. 2016 Aug;26(8):2656-62. doi: 10.1007/s00330-015-4085-5. Epub 2015 Nov 12.
D'Errico L, Salituri F, Ciardetti M, Favilla R, Mazzarisi A, Coppini G, Bartolozzi C, Marraccini P. Quantitative analysis of epicardial fat volume: effects of scanning protocol and reproducibility of measurements in non-contrast cardiac CT vs. coronary CT angiography. Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2017 Jun;7(3):326-335. doi: 10.21037/qims.2017.06.08.
Euler A, Stieltjes B, Szucs-Farkas Z, Eichenberger R, Reisinger C, Hirschmann A, Zaehringer C, Kircher A, Streif M, Bucher S, Buergler D, D'Errico L, Kopp S, Wilhelm M, Schindera ST. Erratum to: Impact of model-based iterative reconstruction on low-contrast lesion detection and image quality in abdominal CT: a 12-reader-based comparative phantom study with filtered back projection at different tube voltages. Eur Radiol. 2017 Dec;27(12):5260. doi: 10.1007/s00330-017-4985-7.
Horie M, Saito T, Moseley J, D'Errico L, Salazar P, Nakajima D, Brock K, Yasufuku K, Binnie M, Keshavjee S, Paul N. The role of biomechanical anatomical modeling via computed tomography for identification of restrictive allograft syndrome.
Clin Transplant. 2017 Aug;31(8). doi: 10.1111/ctr.13027. Epub 2017 Jul 25.
Schindera ST, Zaehringer C, D'Errico L, Schwartz F, Kekelidze M, Szucs-Farkas Z, Benz MR. Systematic radiation dose optimization of abdominal dual-energy CT on a second-generation dual-source CT scanner: assessment of the accuracy of iodine uptake measurement and image quality in an in vitro and in vivo investigations. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2017 Oct;42(10):2562-2570. doi: 10.1007/s00261-017-1160-1.
Wetzl J, Forman C, Wintersperger BJ, D'Errico L, Schmidt M, Mailhe B, Maier A, Stalder AF. High-resolution dynamic CE-MRA of the thorax enabled by iterative TWIST reconstruction. Magn Reson Med. 2017 Feb;77(2):833-840. doi: 10.1002/mrm.26146. Epub 2016 Feb 17.
Faggioni L, Neri E, Sbragia P, Pascale R, D'Errico L, Caramella D, Bartolozzi C. 80-kV pulmonary CT angiography with 40 mL of iodinated contrast material in lean patients: comparison of vascular enhancement with iodixanol (320 mg I/mL)and iomeprol (400 mg I/mL). AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Dec;199(6):1220-5. doi: 10.2214/AJR.11.8122.
Baldi G, Gargani L, Abramo A, D'Errico L, Caramella D, Picano E, Giunta F, Forfori F. Lung water assessment by lung ultrasonography in intensive care: a pilot study. Intensive Care Med. 2013 Jan;39(1):74-84. doi: 10.1007/s00134-012-2694-x. Epub 2012 Sep 28.
Gargani L, Doveri M, D'Errico L, Frassi F, Bazzichi ML, Delle Sedie A, Scali MC, Monti S, Mondillo S, Bombardieri S, Caramella D, Picano E. Ultrasound lung comets in systemic sclerosis: a chest sonography hallmark of pulmonary interstitial fibrosis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009 Nov;48(11):1382-7. doi: 10.1093/rheumatology/kep263. Epub 2009 Aug 28.