Why choose Royal Papworth Hospital?
Royal Papworth Hospital has a world-wide reputation for clinical excellence in heart and lung medicine. We employ around 2,000 staff members at our new hospital on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and at our administrative office in Huntingdon.
A welcome subsidy of £1,000 is available to all band 5 nurses, operating department practitioners and radiographers.
We are proud of ourvalues
which were created by staff,
for staff, as part of our
commitment to create
the very best working
environment in the NHS,
directly and positively
impacting patient care.
Five reasons to join Royal Papworth Hospital:
- We are the UK's leading heart and lung hospital
- We care about your career and offer a range of training opportunities to help you fulfil your potential
- We are based in a brand new hospital on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus
- We were the first hospital in the country to receive an 'outstanding' rating in all five domains assessed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- We offer a friendly working environment and are small enough to feel like a family
- NHS Pension Scheme.
- Subsidised restaurant – 50% discount on food and drink for Royal Papworth staff.
- Extensive retail discount scheme – with deals exclusive to Royal Papworth staff through our pAPPworth app.
- National discount schemes – such as Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts.
- Staff recognition and award Scheme.
- Membership options available at Frank Lee Centre Leisure & Fitness (campus gym).
- Salary Sacrifice ‘Cycle to Work’ and ‘Car’ Scheme.
- Career Progression Opportunities – we have trained career coaches to help support to your next step.
- Flexible working scheme.
- Annual leave – 27 days + public holidays (based on full time hours) for those new to the NHS. Additional leave is accrued after 5- and 10-years’ service in the NHS.
- Extensive health and wellbeing support – we have health and wellbeing facilitators and mental health first aiders trained throughout the organisation to support staff in their roles.
- Financial support – we offer a financial welfare and wellbeing support scheme.
- Staff accommodation at Waterbeach.
- On-site childcare facilities - Bright Horizons.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to ensuring fairness for all. Any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation whether its related to any of the following: age, sex, race and ethnicity, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, pregnancy and maternity, paternity, marriage and civil partnership will not be tolerated.
We aim to be an employer of choice for equality, diversity and inclusion by leading with compassion, excellence and collaboration. We will:
- treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times
- challenge discriminatory behaviour and practice
- value diversity
- ensure equitable access to all of our employment and development opportunities.
For further information please see our equality, diversity and inclusion pages.