Mr. Farid qualified as a doctor from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. His specialist training in cardiac surgery was in Cambridge, London, Sheffield, Manchester and Brussels in Belgium. Mr Farid was appointed as a Consultant Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon at Oxford University Hospitals in 2018 following completion of cardiothoracic specialist training. He then joined Royal Papworth Hospital as a consultant surgeon in 2021.
Mr Farid subspecialises in advanced aortic repairs along with complex aortic surgery and hybrid aortic surgery. Mr. Farid offers full range of cardiac surgery which includes coronary artery bypass grafting (using multiple arterial grafts), complex valvular surgery (aortic and mitral valve surgery), aortic root surgery, aortic aneurysm repair and redo surgeries. Mr Farid has consistently performed at a very high level, which is represented by his excellent surgeon-specific mortality and outcome results. Mr Farid remains a strong advocate for patient-focused care and robust clinical governance to maintain the highest standards in cardiac surgery.
Mr. Farid has keen interest in medical education. He was the Chair of the surgical training committee for cardiothoracic surgery at Oxford deanery. He is also chief editor of the book “Fighting COVID-19 On the Frontline”.
- Complex Aortic Surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting including total arterial revascularisation
- Valve surgery
- Redo surgery
- Phase of care mortality analysis
- Healthcare management
- Outcome following valvular surgery in elderly patients
- Quality of life following cardiac surgery
- MBBS University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MBA (Health executive), University of Keele
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Cardiothoracic Surgery (FRCS-CTh)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Member of the General Medical Council (6137478)
- Recognised Educational supervisor by the GMC
- Member of the adult cardiac sub-committee for SCTS
- Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bangladesh
Mr Farid has numerous publications in peer reviewed journals which are available on google scholar using the following link